£470 + VAT
Accrual-based IPSAS: Part 1
- The IPSASB conceptual framework and key accrual accounting concepts
- Financial statements
- Disclosure standards
- Long-term (non-current assets)
- Current assets
- Service concession arrangements: grantor
- Leases and leasing arrangements
- Accounting and financial specialists, professionals, practitioners and policy makersemployed within national, state/provincial and local governments; government ministries, departments, programs, boards, commissions, and agencies; public sector social security funds, trusts, and statutory authorities; and International governmental organisations.
- Accounting and finance staff of public sector entities that intend to embrace IPSAS, and thereby upgrade the reporting, the accountability and the transparency of their organisations.
- Public administrators encountering important challenges in reducing the distance between accounting systems within countries as well as across borders, through a move towards harmonisation of accounting practices in the public sector.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Accrual-based IPSAS as well as the conceptual framework underlying these standards – currently a suite of 38 standards (however IPSAS 35 – 37 will replace the existing IPSAS 6 – 8).
- A number of IPSAS that have been updated, and as a result we will see some changes in IPSAS over the coming few years.
- The IPSASB work-in-progress.