- Benefits of good organisation
- Steps in organising
- Office manuals
- Authority and responsibility
- Administrative office management
- Information management
- Designing forms
- Form sets
- Continuous stationery
- Characteristics of a good filing system
- Selection of a suitable indexing system
- Records Retention
- Evaluating the records management programme
Office Stationery and Supplies
- Standardisation of office supplies
- Purchasing procedure
- Principles of storage applicable to supplies
- Control of consumption
- Common barriers to communication
- Effective communication
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Report writing
- Types of reports
- Specimen of reports
- Precis writing
Work Improvement and Work Measurement
- Method study
- Method improvement
- Uses and applications of work sampling
- Standardisation and work simplification
- Qualifications of a secretary
- Types of secretaries
- Clerical services
- Reception services
Control of Office Costs
- Methods of cost reduction and cost saving
- Establishing budgets
- Types of budgets
- Supervisory control
This training for secretary skills is suitable for:
- Personal assistants
- Administrative staff
Upon completion of this executive personal assistants courses, you will be able to understand:
- An organisation as one of the fundamental functions of management.
- The functions, nature and scope of office activities.
- How to use forms to assist in the fundamental functions of receiving, recording, arranging and giving information in the office.
- The management of the vast bulk of correspondence and other documents which are created, received and stored in any business office.
- How to control the large variety of stationery and other articles related to the day-to-day work of a modern office.
- Communication as one of the fundamental functions of an office, and a process essential for all forms of business.
- How to prepare reports as a summary of information.
- The techniques aimed at increasing efficiency and productivity.
- The requirement of secretarial and clerical services for efficient administration.
- How to ensure all office expenses incurred are productive.
LBTC’s training for secretary skills features practical training techniques, thereby instilling in the learner the confidence to apply their newly acquired skills and knowledge immediately upon their return to work. A customized executive personal assistants course can also be designed and delivered on request.
£3945 + VAT