£3945 + VAT
- Benefits of good organisation
- Steps in organising
- Office manuals
- Authority and responsibility
- Administrative office management
- Information management
- Designing forms
- Form sets
- Continuous stationery
- Characteristics of a good filing system
- Selection of a suitable indexing system
- Records Retention
- Evaluating the records management programme
Office Stationery and Supplies
- Standardisation of office supplies
- Purchasing procedure
- Principles of storage applicable to supplies
- Control of consumption
- Common barriers to communication
- Effective communication
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Report writing
- Types of reports
- Specimen of reports
- Precis writing
Work Improvement and Work Measurement
- Method study
- Method improvement
- Uses and applications of work sampling
- Standardisation and work simplification
- Qualifications of a secretary
- Types of secretaries
- Clerical services
- Reception services
Control of Office Costs
- Methods of cost reduction and cost saving
- Establishing budgets
- Types of budgets
- Supervisory control
This administrative training is suitable for:
- Personal assistants
- Administrative staff
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Organisation as one of the fundamental functions of management.
- The functions, nature and scope of office activities.
- How to use forms to assist in the fundamental functions of receiving, recording, arranging and giving information in the office.
- The management of the vast bulk of correspondence and other documents which are created, received and stored in any business office.
- How to control the large variety of stationery and other articles related to the day-to-day work of a modern office.
- Communication as one of the fundamental functions of an office, and a process essential for all forms of business.
- How to prepare reports as a summary of information.
- The techniques aimed at increasing efficiency and productivity.
- The requirement of secretarial and clerical services for efficient administration.
- How to ensure all office expenses incurred are productive.
LBTC’s secretary training courses including the Administrative Management for Personal Assistants – Level 1 secretary training and Administrative Management for Personal Assistants – Level 2 personal assistant training