Analysing Resources and Capabilities
- Why does an organisation possess any resources at all? The make-or-buy decision
- Resource analysis and adding-value
- Adding-value: the value chain and the value system – the contribution of Porter
- Resource analysis and competitive advantage
- Identifying which resources and capabilities deliver sustainable competitive advantage
- Resource and capability analysis – improving competitive advantage
- Analysing other important company resources: especially human resources
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments, and senior managers & executives involved in the development of strategic management.
- Those who wish to understand the basic concepts for identifying the future of their organisations with the new challenges and opportunities that may lead to substantial change.
- Those who wish to consider not only the rational approach to strategic decision making, but also the creative aspects of such decisions.
- Those who wish to grasp the major intended and emergent initiatives that can be taken, involving the utilisation of resources, to enhance the performance of their firms in their external environments.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the main resources and capabilities of an organisation and the strategic decision on whether to make or buy.
- Explain the concept of value added.
- Analyse both the value chain and value system of an organisation and comment on their strategic significance.
- Explain how resources deliver sustainable competitive advantage to the organisation.
- Identify and explain the seven main concepts of sustainable competitive advantage.
- Explain the roles of five special resources in the organisation and relate them to sustainable competitive advantage.
- Outline three methods for improving the sustainable competitive advantage of the organisation’s resources.
- Identify other important resources in the organisation, especially its organisational culture.
£525 + VAT