£470 + VAT
Basics of Cash and Derivative Markets
- Primary and secondary markets
- Introduction to linear payoff derivatives: futures, forwards, and swaps
- Introduction to nonlinear payoff derivatives: options, credit default swaps, caps, and floors
- Securitisation and its role in financial markets
- Financial regulators
- Individual and institutional investors and borrowers.
- Those who wish to understand financial product innovation with an emphasis on risk management and regulatory reform.
- Those who wish to understand the wide range of instruments for financing, investing, and controlling risk in today’s financial markets.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The fundamentals of primary and secondary markets.
- Different types of financial derivatives, the elements of their pricing, and how they are used to control various types of financial risks.
- The role of securitisation in financial markets, and its use by corporations and governments as a risk management tool.