Budgets and Performance Management
- Responsibility centres
- The controllability principle
- Profit-relatedperformance measurement
- Standard costing andvariance analysis
- Performance management in investment centres
- Non-financialperformance indicators
- The balanced scorecard
- Performance measurement in not-for-profit organisations
- External influences on performance
- Managers who wish to improve their analytical skills and use accounting and finance tools for managerial advantage.
- Those who wish to understand and use accounting knowledge for operational and management decision making.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How to interpret a variance report and assess its implications for management intervention.
- Behavioural aspects of budget management.
- Strategies to prevent or remedy adverse behavioural aspects of budget management and to harness positive aspects.
- Alternative views on performance management.
£545 + VAT