- Overview of market participants
- Depository institutions
- Insurance companies and defined benefit pension plans
- Managers of collective investment vehicles
- Investment banking firms
- Financial regulators
- Individual and institutional investors and borrowers.
- Those who wish to understand financial product innovation with an emphasis on risk management and regulatory reform.
- Those who wish to understand the wide range of instruments for financing, investing, and controlling risk in today’s financial markets.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- An overview of market participants, and the special role of those classified as financial intermediaries.
- The roles of government in the regulation of financial markets, credit rating agencies, and international entities such as the Bank for International Settlements and the Financial Stability Board.
- Depository institutions.
- Insurance companies and defined benefit pension plans.
- Collective investment vehicles, or investment products managed by asset management firms.
- The wide range of activities performed by investment banking firms.
£525 + VAT