- The purpose of corporate communication (or frameworks for practice)
- Corporate communication in practice
- The organisational context: how corporate communication fits into organisational structures
- Chief Communications Officers
- Public relations and communications directors, managers, practitioners and staff.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How corporate communication is conceptualised and practiced, recognising the implications of different perspectives.
- The influence of different ways of conceptualising corporate communication (from a marketing as opposed to a PR or organisational communication mindset) when reviewing public relations practice and the implications of this.
- How to select effective frameworks for analysing the purpose and practice of corporate communication – using concepts of legitimacy and social capital – to identify key objectives.
- That the ability to practice corporate communication in particular ways is affected by how the function is placed within (or integrated into) organisational structures.