£475 + VAT
Cost and Break-even Analysis
- Fixed and variable costs
- Break-even analysis
- The margin of safety
- Interpreting break-even analysis
- Assumptions underlying break-even analysis
- Those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of managementaccounting issues.
- Those who wish to develop the ability to analyse, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- Those who wish to acquire a sound appreciation of accounting and finance in order to communicate and succeed in the business world.
- Non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of management accounting.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The difference between management accounting and financial accounting.
- The difference between fixed and variable costs.
- How to calculate variable and fixed costs using the high-low method.
- How to use break-even analysis as a decision-making tool.
- How to calculate and understand contribution, the break-even point, and margin of safety.
- The limitations of break-even analysis.