£490 + VAT
Cost Recovery of Information Systems
- Organising to respond to business demand: a maturity model
- What a manager can expect from the IT organisation
- Chief Information Officer
- Social business lens: community management
- Building a business case
- IT portfolio management
- Valuing IT investments
- Monitoring IT investments
- Managers who wish to participate in information systems (IS) decisions.
- Current and future managers who wish to be introduced to the broader implications of the impact of IS.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The business of IT and the customers it serves.
- A maturity model to balance IS supply and business demand.
- Key IT organisation activities related to one of the three maturity levels.
- What the IT organisation does and does not do and how the leadership within the IT organisation ensures that the IT organisation’s activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Business processes within the IT department such as building a business case, IT portfolio management, and valuing and monitoring IT investments.
- Funding models and total cost of ownership.