£475 + VAT
Designing the Supply Chain Network
- Designing distribution networks
- Network design in the supply chain
- Designing global supply chain networks
- Chief operations officers
- Supply chain and operations directors, managers, executives, officers and staff.
- Professional managers in trade and industry, active in logistics or supply chain management, who are interested in opportunities for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the logistics and supply function of their organisations.
- Those who are interested in logistics and supply chain management in its broadest sense.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The key factors to be considered when designing a distribution network.
- The strengths and weaknesses of various distribution options.
- The role of network design in a supply chain.
- The factors influencing supply chain network design decisions.
- A framework for making network design decisions.
- How to use optimisation for facility location and capacity allocation decisions.
- The factors that need to be included in total cost when making global sourcing decisions.
- The uncertainties that are particularly relevant when designing global supply chains.
- Different strategies that may be used to mitigate risk in global supply chains.
- Decision tree methodologies used to evaluate supply chain design decision under uncertainty.