£490 + VAT
Financial Reporting in Context
- The financial reporting system
- Corporate governance, sustainability and ethics
- Published financial statementsof companies
- Techniques for the interpretation of financial statements
- Accounting and financial specialists.
- Those who wish to understand how to interpret the financial statements of business entities.
- Those who wish to learn the mechanics of preparing financial statements under IFRS.
- Individuals charged with the responsibility of providing financial information about a reporting entity that is useful to users in making decisions.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The accounting rules and regulations that govern published financial reports of companies, who sets and influences these rules and regulations, and the authority they have.
- That a high quality financial reporting system needs to be transparent, to provide information about how the financial results and position have been achieved, and to enable the assessment of the long-term success of the business.
- The requirements of three financial reporting standards – IAS 1, IAS 7 and IAS 8, including various related initiatives in progress, and how the financial statements are drawn up and presented.
- A range of standard analytical techniques that can be applied in financial statement interpretation.