By attending this course, you will explore the specific role that is required of strategic managers in an organization with a more detailed examination of some key elements.
You will also explore the specific role that is required of a strategic manager in an organization.
The fundamental nature of organizations hasn’t changed, the pace of change is moving ever faster. In HR, as in many parts of the organization, we are being asked to achieve more with either the same resources or fewer. This is the time for you to be even more strategic in your outlook and actions. Getting the daily tasks done no longer guarantees employment for any of us. We have to think and act in a more thoughtful and strategic way to add value to our organization and work. This course will take you through the necessary steps to achieve this.
This course also explores organization performance from the many facets of an organization. We will take you on a journey from a strategic view right through to the individual, exploring performance from many angles to gain insights into what really works in organizations today.
The course includes site visits to organizations relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Organizational Role of the Strategic Manager
- Finance Strategy
- Human Capital Strategy
- Operational Capability
- Strategic Planning
- Leading Strategic Change
- HR Strategy
- Organizational Development Strategy
- Knowledge Management Strategy
- Performance Management Strategy
- The Employee Engagement Cycle
- Organizational Culture and Change
- Site Visits
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Board-level Directors & Deputy Directors, and all other Senior Managers who are responsible for achieving the organization’s strategic objectives & can commit the resources to achieve them.
- HR directors
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners
- Senior HR executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategy.
- Chief officers, Chairpersons, Board members, Heads of Departments, and all those at the highest levels of an organization interested in developing an in-depth knowledge of strategic HRM.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How to focus on ensuring that the organization’s operations are fit for purpose in the current, medium and long term.
- A strategic overview of operations.
- When and how to ‘intervene’ in the organization’s operations.
- The role of strategic leader – specifically how it relates to the finance, human resources, data/information and operational capacity of the organization to deliver its strategic objectives.
- The strategic nature of HR.
- The process of formulating and implementing organizational development strategy.
- The meaning and significance of human capital management (HCM).
- The approaches to the development of knowledge management strategies.
- Ways to improve performance of teams and individuals.
- The difficulties of induction and the benefits of getting it right.
- Why competencies should be at the heart of your strategic thinking.
- Competencies with increased Emotional Intelligence as central to your organization culture.
- How money really impacts performance.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£9325 + VAT