HR Practice Essentials is a highly interactive course that explores the organization context that HR operates within to gain insights into how we can more effective as HR professionals. The journey starts with the characteristics of different organizations to better understand the goals of HR, through to the detail of Job Descriptions, composition and deployment.
HR Practice Excellence is an immersive journey exploring the employee development and learning experience. As a professional manager, team leader or in HR, you will uncover the real learning needs of your team and the impact of the way we can approach learning organizationally as well as a team. You will take away a comprehensive action plan you can use the very next day at work.
This management essentials course will help grow your managerial aptitude and skills through an interactive approach. By attending this course, you’ll learn to identify problems and classify them in priority areas by creating solutions. Then though comparative analysis you will support and construct management processes that will drive productivity and deliver results.
Excel your management skills by improving your competency and effectiveness and motivating your team to succeed and deliver. Develop your interpersonal communication skills and encourage intra-personal self awareness in yourself and others. Learn to supportively influence while managing tasks and issues. Build and strengthen well performing and committed teams.
Take your managerial skills to a higher level. Learn the art of upwardly influencing and making recommendations to impact the organization. You will learn advanced management processes to get the best out of your team. Through role plays, discussions and presentations, you will practise a range of management techniques.
The ability to consistently understand and interpret performance metrics into insight is fundamental to fast-moving modern business. Moreover, managing performance diagnostics by undertaking the appropriate range of interventions are critical. By attending this course, you will learn the complete performance management process and tailor it to your organization’s needs.
The course includes site visits to organizations relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Organizational Context and HR Goals
- Job Analysis
- Employee Relations
- Learning & Development
- HR Information Systems
- Defining the Modern Manager
- Effective Delegation
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills Masterclass
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Coordinating Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Inspiring and Motivating Others
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness
- Conducting a Performance Appraisal
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Site Visits
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- HR officers and managers who are newly appointed to the role and who lack previous generalist experience.
- HR assistants, administrators and PAs who support more senior HR staff.
- Employees working for new but rapidly expanding organizations who acquire responsibility for establishing and formalizing HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Staff who work in HR-related areas.
- Staff who work in specialist areas of HR practice, such as training, employee relations or job evaluation, who wish to progress into or have more knowledge of generalist roles.
- Line managers or supervisors who have responsibility for HR activities.
- Owners or managers of small businesses who have overall responsibility for the ‘people element’ within them.
- High Performance Employees moving into Management.
- Senior and Mid-level Managers.
- Operations Managers
- Heads of Departments
- Business Analysts
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The Organizational Characteristics and The Goals of HR.
- The different areas of Job analysis to be even more effective.
- The Psychological Contract of Employment.
- How people learn and what this means for us as leaders.
- How to implement Learning & Development activities in a motivational way.
- The impact of digital technology coming down the track.
- A high standard of professional management skills to raise the bar.
- The correct process of delegation in order to meet departmental and development goals.
- How to master communication skills to develop empathy, inclusiveness and managerial influence.
- Troubleshooting recurring problems in order to achieve the full potential of departments.
- How to align teams with proportionate attention on talent and skill development.
- How to resolve conflicts in order to improve workplace relations and job focus.
- How to implement motivational strategies to improve attitudes to work and performance.
- The importance of rational and emotive aspects in work performances and duties.
- The art of presentation and articulate meeting handling.
- The procedural aspect of goals-setting for employees for personal development and organizational goals.
- How to design and lead the process for coaching and mentoring within the organization.
- How to deliver KPI-led programmes and incentivise stakeholders to reach and surpass organizational goals.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£13835 + VAT