Introduction to Accounting
- The two forms of accounting: financial accounting and management accounting
- The regulatory andconceptual framework
- Qualitative characteristics of useful financial information
- Types of business entity
- The annual report andfinancial statements
- Managers who wish to improve their analytical skills and use accounting and finance tools for managerial advantage.
- Those who wish to understand and use accounting knowledge for operational and management decision making.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The role of the financial accountant and the information which they prepare.
- The relationship between the statement of financial position, income statement and statement of cash flows.
- The elements and structure of the annual report and primary financial statements.
- The conceptual and regulatory framework of accounting.
- What information the financial statements cannot provide.