£470 + VAT
Introduction to the Statement of Profit and Loss
- Measuring profit
- Double-entry bookkeeping
- Types of account
- Trial balance
- Capital versus revenue expenditure/income
- Calculating the cost of sales
- Those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of financial accounting issues.
- Those who wish to develop the ability to analyse, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- Those who wish to acquire a sound appreciation of accounting and finance in order to communicate and succeed in the business world.
- Non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of financial accounting.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The difference between cash and the profits ofa business.
- That a set of financial statements can be prepared from data included a trial balance.
- The difference between revenue and capital expenditure and the significance of the distinction.