Trait Theory – Description, Analysis and Use
- Evolution of the idea
- Traits – a brief outline
- Traits and leaders
- So where does this leave trait theory and organisations?
- Foundation principles
- What are ‘leadership behaviours’?
- Organisational implications
The Style Approach to Leadership
- Evolution of the approach
- Organisational culture
- Widening the choice
- Factors affecting style
- Style approach – strengths and weaknesses
Situational and Contingent Leadership
- Early developments
- Hersey and Blanchard’s life cycle theory of leadership
- How the model operates
- Path-Goal theory
- Fielder’s contingency theory
- Broader situational factors
- Leadership substitutes theory
Charisma and Transformational Leadership
- House and Shamir self-concept theory
- Attribution theory
- Characteristics of charismatic leaders
- Context and crisis
- Negative aspects of charisma
- Transformational leadership
This transformational leadership training is suitable for:
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
Upon completion of this leadership workshop, you will be able to understand:
- One of the earliest approaches to leadership – the Trait Approach.
- How leaders behave.
- The relationship between a leader and followers through the style approach.
- A leader’s approach as being dependent on the situation facing the leader, and that successful leaders can adapt their approach to suit the circumstances.
- Transformational leadership’s ability to change workers and followers into avid disciples whose hearts and minds have been inspired by an internalised belief in the veracity of their leader’s decisions.
£2625 + VAT