£525 + VAT
Trait Theory – Description, Analysis and Use
- Evolution of the idea
- Traits – a brief outline
- Traits and leaders
- So where does this leave trait theory and organisations?
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the evolution of trait theory and how the relative importance of trait theory has changed over the past hundred years.
- Be able to appraise the theory critically – that is, to understand what it proposes, why this view developed, and what critics consider to be its weaknesses.
- Begin to formulate your own perspective on your leadership approach and the implications of adopting this as a framework for understanding ‘leaders’.