Short-term Decision Making
- What are relevant revenues and costs?
- Make or buy decisions
- Limiting factors
- Upgrading equipment
- Closure of sites or discontinuing products
Investment Appraisal Techniques
- Accounting rate of return
- Payback period
- Net present value
- Discounting to present value
- Internal rate of return
Measuring and Reporting Performance
- Performance measurement: strategy and objectives
- Financial and non-financial performance measurement
- Key performance measures
- The balanced scorecard
- Customer profitability analysis
- Integrated reporting
- Environment accounting and carbon reporting
- Corporate governance
- Those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of management accounting issues.
- Those who wish to develop the ability to analyse, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- Those who wish to acquire a sound appreciation of accounting and finance in order to communicate and succeed in the business world.
- Non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of management accounting.
Upon completion of this management accounting courses, you will be able to understand:
- Which costs are relevant in short-term decision making.
- Whether an organisation should make or buy products.
- Which products should be prioritised if there are limited resources.
- If a product should be discontinued or a location closed.
- The nature and significance of appraising long-term investments.
- How to use a range of investment appraisal techniques to assess and compare projects.
- The advantages and limitations of each method.
- How a business might set its long-term strategy.
- The performance of a business using non-financial as well as financial measures.
- The use of benchmarking to improve performance.
- How to construct a balanced scorecard.
- How to calculate customer profitability.
- The role of integrated reporting.
- The role of environmental accounting and carbon reporting.
- The need for corporate governance and how ethical and environmental issues should be taken into account.
£1620 + VAT