Measuring and Reporting Performance
- Performance measurement: strategy and objectives
- Financial and non-financial performance measurement
- Key performance measures
- The balanced scorecard
- Customer profitability analysis
- Integrated reporting
- Environment accounting and carbon reporting
- Corporate governance
- Those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of management accounting issues.
- Those who wish to develop the ability to analyse, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- Those who wish to acquire a sound appreciation of accounting and finance in order to communicate and succeed in the business world.
- Non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of management accounting.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How a business might set its long-term strategy.
- The performance of a business using non-financial as well as financial measures.
- The use of benchmarking to improve performance.
- How to construct a balanced scorecard.
- How to calculate customer profitability.
- The role of integrated reporting.
- The role of environmental accounting and carbon reporting.
- The need for corporate governance and how ethical and environmental issues should be taken into account.