Social Media Information Systems
- What is a social media information system (SMIS)?
- SMIS to advance organisational strategy
- Increasing social capital
- Managing the risks of social media
- Where is social media taking us?
Business Intelligence Systems
- How do organisations use business intelligence (BI) systems?
- The three primary activities in the BI process
- Using data warehouses and data marts to acquire data
- Three techniques for processing BI data
- The alternatives for publishing BI
Information Systems Development
- What is systems development?
- The five phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Accomplishing system definition
- The users’ role in the requirement phase
- Designing the five components
- Implementing an IS
- The tasks for system maintenance
- Problems with the SDLC
Information Systems Management
- Functions and organisation of the IS department
- How do organisations plan the use of IS?
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- User rights and responsibilities
Information Security Management
- The goal of IS security
- How big is the computer security problem?
- Responding to security threats
- Technical safeguards
- Data safeguards
- Human safeguards
- Responding to security incidents
- Those who wish to assess, evaluate, and apply emerging information systems (IS) technology to business.
- Those who wish to take an active role in systems development to create an IS that meets their needs.
- Those who need to learn how to employ IS to accomplish their job tasks.
- Those who want to use IS to achieve their business strategies.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the potential benefits of social media information systems to organisations.
- Appreciate the uses of business intelligence systems.
- Differentiate the key elements of information systems development and understand the role system developments plays in MIS.
- Illustrate the functions and deployments techniques of information systems in organisations and how these systems are managed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the crucial role information security management plays within organisations and its role most MIS activities.
To explore our full range of Information Systems course, click the link below:
£2675 + VAT