- Why measure and manage performance?
- The three E’s
- Individuals and organisational performance
- Performance management and policy evaluation
- Managerial discretion
- Public service heads, managers, and those who work in some capacity with the public sector.
- Those employed within the public sector charged with the responsibility of bringing about change so that their organisation is more efficient and offers more value for money.
- Public service executives that understand the need for reform and, as a team, think through the recalibration of the state and its services that this implies.
- Those who wish to address the ethos, goals and disciplines of public service and will help to create the means of refashioning and strengthening them.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand that:
- Performance management has been based on the idea of the ‘principal-agent’ problem.
- The system was designed to be continuous from a series of high-level goals, through organisational targets to individual targets for public sector workers.
£530 + VAT