- What is lean?
- How lean eliminates waste
- Applying lean throughout the supply network
- Comparing lean with other approaches
- The importance of improvement in operations management
- Key elements of operations improvement
- Broad approaches to improvement
- Improvement techniques
- Managing the improvement process
- What is quality?
- The importance of quality
- Steps that lead towards conformance of specification
- What is total quality management (TQM)
Managing Risk and Recovery
- What is risk management?
- Assessing the potential causes and consequences of failure through operations
- Preventing failures
- Mitigating the effects of failure through operations
- Recovering operations from the effects of failure
- What is project management?
- Planning projects
- Controlling projects
- Chief operations officers
- Operations directors and managers
- Heads of departments
- Operations executives, officers and staff
- Those who wish to learn how to develop the capabilities of their operation’s processes to improve process performance.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The concepts that underlie one of the most influential sets of ideas to impact operations management
- How managers can make their operation perform better through the use of the many elements of new (and not so new) improvement approaches
- Some of the ideas of quality management and how they can be used to facilitate improvement
- How operations managers can reduce the risk of things going wrong and how they can recover when they do
- How managers can project manage (among other things) improvement activities to organise the changes that improvement inevitably requires.
£2725 + VAT