Politics and the Public Sector
- Political differences
- The role of the state
- A centralised or decentralised state?
- Politics and management: values
- Public service heads, managers, and those who work in some capacity with the public sector.
- Those employed within the public sector charged with the responsibility of bringing about change so that their organisation is more efficient and offers more value for money.
- Public service executives that understand the need for reform and, as a team, think through the recalibration of the state and its services that this implies.
- Those who wish to address the ethos, goals and disciplines of public service and will help to create the means of refashioning and strengthening them.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand that:
- There are political differences about the public sector.
- Devolution opens the field to a variety of policies.
- It is difficult to distinguish clearly policies that result from political principle and those that result from pragmatism.
£525 + VAT