Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Materials requirements planning
- Basic logistics structures
- Just-in-time management
- Elements of the procurement information system
- Co-ordination problems between procurement and logistics
- Professional managers in trade and industry, active in purchasing or supply chain management, who are interested in opportunities for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement and supply function of their organisations.
- Those who supervise procurement staff directly or indirectly.
- Those who come from a non-procurement background and are interested in the latest developments in procurement.
- Those who are interested in procurement and supply management in its broadest sense.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The basic supply chain concepts.
- The most important steps in the materials planning cycle.
- How supply chain activities can be structured within organisations.
- Characteristics of just-in-time scheduling and purchasing.
- The most important elements of a purchasing information system.