Project Management course in London, UK
Cost Estimation and Budgeting
- Cost management
- Cost estimation
- Creating a project budget
- Developing budget contingencies
- Developing a network
- Duration estimation
- Constructing the critical path
- Gantt charts
- Crashing projects
- The basics of resource constraints
- Resource loading
- Resource levelling
- Resource-loading charts
- Managing resources in multi-project environments
Project Evaluation and Control
- Control cycles – a general model
- Monitoring project performance
- Earned value management
- Using earned value to manage a portfolio of projects
- Issues in the effective use of earned value management
- Human factors in project evaluation and control
Project Closeout and Termination
- Types of project termination
- Natural termination – the closeout process
- Early termination for projects
- Preparing the final project report
The Project Management course is suitable for:
- Chief operations officers
- Project and operations directors, managers, practitioners and team members
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- That project managers and teams are held to both standards of performance and standards of cost control.
- Various project-scheduling tools.
- How to allocate the resources needed to support the various project activities that have been identified.
- How to take the practical steps to establish a clear method for tracking and controlling a project.
- The elements in project closeout – the phase in which the project is concluded and resources (both monetary and human) are reassigned.
LBTC’s project management courses includes Advanced Project Management training courses.
£2695 + VAT