Project Selection and Portfolio Management
- Project selection
- Approaches to project screening and selection
- Financial models
- Project portfolio management
- Chief operations officers
- Project and operations directors, managers, practitioners and team members.
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges.
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels.
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Six criteria for a useful project selection/screening model.
- How to employ checklists and simple scoring models to select projects.
- How to use more sophisticated scoring models, such as the Analytical Hierarchy Process.
- How to use financial concepts, such as the efficient frontier and risk/return models.
- How to employ financial analyses and options analysis to evaluate the potential for new project investments.
- The challenges that arise in maintaining an optimal project portfolio for an organisation.
- The three keys to successful project portfolio management.
£530 + VAT