Quality Management Systems
- The development of quality management system standards
- The ISO 9000 series of standards: an overview
- Implementation guidelines for ISO 9001
- Quality management system assessment and registration
Integrated Management Systems
- The ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 matrix
- Interlinked systems
- The EFQM model
- The key integration issues
- An integrated management systems model
Tools and Techniques: An Overview
- Selecting tools and techniques
- Basic quality control tools – checklists, flowcharts, check sheets, tally charts and histograms, graphs, Pareto analysis, cause-and-effect diagrams, brainstorming and scatter diagrams
- Management tools –relations diagram method, affinity diagram method, systematic diagram method, matrix diagram, matrix data-analysis method, process decision programme chart and the arrow diagram method
- Departmental purpose analysis and mistake-proofing
Quality Function Deployment
- Understanding customer needs
- The QFD road: the main steps
- Deploying customer needs into product and process definition
- Difficulties associated with QFD
- Implementation of QFD
- What does six sigma mean?
- Six sigma prerequisites
- Six sigma core elements
- Structured problem- solving approaches
- Success of six sigma
The quality management system certification is suitable for:
- Chief officers, directors andheads of departments who wish to play a greater role in determining the quality policy within their organisations.
- Senior management team members who wish to create the strategic dialogue, organisational environment, atmosphere, values and behaviour in which total quality management (TQM) can achieve its potential.
- Those who wish to create an organisational culture in which each person in every department is fully committed to improving their own performance and is dedicated to satisfying their internal customers’ needs and future expectations.
- Middle and first-line management who wish to play a key role in putting the principles of TQM in place at the sharp end of their organisation.
- Management consultants
Upon completion of this quality management system training, you will be able to understand:
- A quality management system as a key building-block in an organisation’s approach to TQM.
- The fundamental purpose of a quality management system and the development of quality system standards.
- The ISO 9000 series of quality management system standards, including implementation issues and guidelines, the assessment and registration process, and their benefits and implications.
- Integrated management systems (IMS) in terms of quality, environment, and occupational health and safety management.
- The linkages between ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 – the integrated and aligned approaches, and some of the common problems.
- Basic quality control tools and management tools.
- Departmental purpose analysis and mistake-proofing.
- The concept and methodology of quality function deployment (QFD).
- The construction of the House of Quality, and the planning, organisation and management of QFD projects.
- The benefits and pitfalls of QFD, and guidelines for its effective use.
- The concept of six sigma to improve the performance of key processes, productivity and quality and at the same time reduce costs.
LBTC’s Development, Introduction and Sustaining of TQM training.
£2625 + VAT