Tools and Techniques: An Overview
- Selecting tools and techniques
- Basic quality control tools – checklists, flowcharts, check sheets, tally charts and histograms, graphs, Pareto analysis, cause-and-effect diagrams, brainstorming and scatter diagrams
- Management tools – relations diagram method, affinity diagram method, systematic diagram method, matrix diagram, matrix data-analysis method, process decision programme chart and the arrow diagram method
- Departmental purpose analysis and mistake-proofing
- Chief officers, directors andheads of departments who wish to play a greater role in determining the quality policy within their organisations.
- Senior management team members who wish to create the strategic dialogue, organisational environment, atmosphere, values and behaviour in which total quality management (TQM) can achieve its potential.
- Those who wish to create an organisational culture in which each person in every department is fully committed to improving their own performance and is dedicated to satisfying their internal customers’ needs and future expectations.
- Middle and first-line management who wish to play a key role in putting the principles of TQM in place at the sharp end of their organisation.
- Management consultants
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Basic quality control tools and management tools.
- Departmental purpose analysis and mistake-proofing.
£525 + VAT