- Development and role of selling in marketing
- Characteristics of modern selling
- Success factor for professional salespeople
- Types of selling
- The marketing concept
- Sales strategies
- The planning process
- The place of selling in the marketing plan
- Consumer and organisational buyer behaviour
- Sales settings
- International selling
- Law and ethical issues
- Sales responsibilities and preparation
- Personal selling skills
- Key account management
- Relationship selling
- Direct marketing
- Internet and IT applications in selling and sales management
- Recruitment and selection
- Motivation and training
- Organisation and compensation
- Sales forecasting and budgeting
- Levels of forecasting
- Qualitative and quantitative techniques
- The sales budget
- Salesforce evaluation
- Setting standards of performance
- Gathering information
- Appraisal interviewing
- Sales and marketing directors
- Sales and marketing managers
- Sales and marketing executives
- Sales and marketing practitioners and staff
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Selling in its historical role and its place within marketing and a marketing organisation.
- Different types of buyers and their thinking.
- The institutions through which sales are made – channels, including industrial, commercial and public authority selling.
- Selling for resale.
- International selling as an increasingly important area in view of the ever increasing ‘internationalisation’ of business.
- Preparation for selling, the selling process and sales responsibility.
- Recruitment, selection, motivation and training, and how salespeople must be compensated from a managerial standpoint.
- Sales budgets and how it is the starting point for business planning.
- Techniques for sales forecasting and why it is strictly a responsibility of sales management and not finance.
To explore LBTC’s full range of Marketing courses, click the link below:
Full range of Marketing courses.
£2625 + VAT