Power, Influence, and Authority
- What is ‘power’?
- Dimensions of power
- Sources of power
- The dark side of power
Leadership and Teams
- Team models theories
- Normative team models
- Descriptive team models
- Individual role models –
- Belbin’s approach
- Margerison-McCann team management wheel
- Time or phase-based models
- Team mental model
- Distributed leadership
Leadership and Change
- History of change
- Different approaches to change
- Models of the change process
- Individual reaction to change
- Politics of change
- What is leadership development?
- Why bother?
- Organisational factors
- Leadership and competencies
- How are leaders developed?
- What is ‘strategic leadership’?
- Do we need strategic leaders?
- The modern environment
- What does a strategic leader ‘do’?
This leadership development training course is ideal for:
- Leaders of organisations with the responsibility to steer their firms in times of change, whilst motivating and inspiring their teams.
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
- Team members who wish to know of the principles and practice of strategic leadership to support and complement the contribution of their leaders.
Upon completion of Leadership Training, you will be able to understand:
- Ideas associated with the use of power by those in a position of authority.
- How ‘teams’ work and the idea of ‘Distributed Leadership’.
- The role leaders play in change processes.
- The development of leaders within organisations as a key theme in terms of ensuring the organisation thrives.
- The need for strategic leaders.
£2725 + VAT