Public Relations Planning
- The importance of context
- External environment
- Internal environment
- Strategic public relations programmes and campaigns
- Systems context of planning
- A planning template
Corporate Image, Reputation and Identity
- The controversy of image in public relations
- Corporate image and reputation
- Corporate identity
- Reputation management and corporate branding
- Measuring corporate image and reputation
- Media relations or public relations?
- Media publicity and media relations
- Media and political perspectives
- Practical media relations
- Digital public relations: beyond media relations
- Purpose of internal communication
- Changes in the external environment affecting an organisation’s internal communication
- The changing employee/employer relationship
- Communication roles of leaders and managers
- Organisational culture and values statements
- Developing an internal communication strategy
Managing Community Involvement Programmes
- Corporate community involvement (CCI) programmes
- Employees and community programmes
- Cause-related marketing (CRM)
- Developing community programmes
- Evaluation community programmes
This PR workshop is suitable for:
- Chief Communications Officers
- Public relations and communications directors, managers, practitioners and staff.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The principal external influences and the organisational context in which public relations planning and management is undertaken.
- How to use strategic tools to analyse the external and organisational context.
- How to plan a research-based strategic campaign or programme.
- How to effectively manage and evaluate the impact of campaigns and programmes.
- The importance and implications of living in a ‘brand society’.
- Key concepts of corporate image, reputation and identity.
- The process of reputation management (corporate branding).
- Media relations from historical and professional/ethical perspectives.
- The distinction between editorial and advertising approaches to media placement.
- Media relations from media and political perspectives.
- Media relations practice.
- Internal communication in practice.
- The employee/employer relationship within contemporary organisations and their environments.
- Communication roles for effective leadership and management.
- Corporate strategies, tactics and evaluation methods for communicating with employees.
- Concepts of community involvement, corporate social responsibility and cause-related marketing.
- Key principles of community relationship building and how to apply this understanding to simple, meaningful scenarios.
- Issues arising from an organisation’s community involvement.
- Corporate strategies for integrating corporate social responsibility and community programmes into the business plan from a stakeholder perspective.
£2695 + VAT