£940 + VAT
The Purchasing Management Process
- Primary tasks and responsibilities of the procurement function
- Supporting the internal client
- Professionalising purchasing by delivering value for money
- How purchasing and supply management develops over time
Decision-making in Procurement
- Creating the Statement of Requirement
- Supplier sourcing
- Supplier evaluation and award
- Professional managers in trade and industry, active in purchasing or supply chain management, who are interested in opportunities for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement and supply function of their organisations.
- Those who supervise procurement staff directly or indirectly.
- Those who come from a non-procurement background and are interested in the latest developments in procurement.
- Those who are interested in procurement and supply management in its broadest sense.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The major tasks and responsibilities of purchasing.
- How purchasing may develop over time as a business function.
- The key elements of the procurement process.
- The various roles in a buying decision-making unit.