Organisations and Information Systems
- How do IS vary by scope?
- Solving departmental silos through enterprise systems
- Customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Inter-enterprise IS
Social Media Information Systems
- What is a social media information system (SMIS)?
- SMIS to advance organisational strategy
- Increasing social capital
- Managing the risks of social media
- Where is social media taking us?
Business Intelligence Systems
- How do organisations use business intelligence (BI) systems?
- The three primary activities in the BI process
- Using data warehouses and data marts to acquire data
- Three techniques for processing BI data
- The alternatives for publishing BI
- Those who wish to assess, evaluate, and apply emerging information systems (IS) technology to business.
- Those who wish to take an active role in systems development to create an IS that meets their needs.
- Those who need to learn how to employ IS to accomplish their job tasks.
- Those who want to use IS to achieve their business strategies.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Levels of IS and the problems that each level can have.
- The potential problems of information silos and how to resolve them at both the workgroup and enterprise levels.
- Customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI) systems.
- How to use the cloud to support an inter- enterprise system.
- How to use social media to help your organisation.
- The challenges and opportunities that social media will present in the future.
- The three phases of business intelligence (BI) analysis.
- Common techniques for acquiring, processing, and publishing BI.
- The use of BigData.
£1590 + VAT