Development of Corporate Governance Codes – Part 1
- The growth in corporate governance codes
- Corporate governance in the UK
- Influential corporate governance codes
- Cadbury Report (1992)
- OECD Principles of Corporate Governance (1999) as revised (2004)
Development of Corporate Governance Codes – Part 2
- World Bank
- Global Corporate Governance Forum (GCGF)
- International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN)
- Commonwealth Association for Corporate Governance (CACG)
- EU and corporate governance
- Basle Committee
Development of Corporate Governance Codes – Part 3
- US corporate governance
- Delaware corporate law
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act 1974 (ERISA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002
- Commission on Public Trust and Private Enterprise 2003
- NYSE Corporate Governance Rules (2003)
Development of Corporate Governance Codes – Part 4
- Emergency Economic Stabilisation Act (2008)
- NACD Key Agreed Principles to Strengthen Corporate Governance for US Publicly Traded Companies (2008)
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010)
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Commission on Corporate Governance (2010)
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), public sector, non-profit organisations, and charities
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Those who wish to explore some of the more challenging aspects of corporate governance in the 21st century.
- Professionals, practitioners, and management.
- Those employed in the corporate and investment sectors, as well as public, voluntary, and non-profit organisations who wish to place much more emphasis on good governance.
- Those who wish to understand the development of corporate governance in the last twenty-five years and its importance to the firm, to directors, shareholders, and other stakeholders, and to the wider business community.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The key factors affecting the development of corporate governance codes.
- The main developments in corporate governance codes.
- The corporate governance codes that have been most influential globally.
- The characteristics of corporate governance codes and the mode of operation.
To explore LBTC’s Advanced Corporate Governance course, click the link below:
£2180 + VAT