The Marketing Environment
- Understanding the external environment
- Understanding the performance environment
- Understanding the internal environment
- Marketing audit
- Strategic marketing planning – activities
- Managing and controlling marketing programmes
- Marketing planning
Market Segmentation and Positioning
- The STP process
- Market segmentation in consumer markets
- Segmentation in business markets
- Target markets
- Segmentation limitations
International Market Development
- International market development: a growth strategy
- International competitive strategy
- International market selection
- International marketing environment
- Market entry selection criteria
- Chief Communications Officers
- Marketing and communications directors, managers, executives and staff.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Three core areas of the marketing environment.
- Key characteristics associated with the marketing environment.
- PESTLE analysis and how it is used to understand the external environment.
- The environmental scanning process.
- Porter’s Five Forces industry analysis model.
- How to analyse an organisation’s product/service portfolio to aid resource planning.
- The strategic planning process and the key influences that shape marketing strategy.
- How to analyse current conditions, and formulate marketing strategies.
- Different types of strategic marketing goals and associated growth strategies.
- Concepts associated with strategic market action.
- The main issues associated with strategy implementation, including the principles of marketing metrics.
- Key elements of a marketing plan.
- Principles of market segmentation and the STP process.
- The characteristics and differences between market segmentation and product differentiation.
- Consumer and business-to-business market segmentation.
- Different targeting strategies.
- The concept of positioning.
- How the use of perceptual maps can assist in the positioning process.
- International market development as a market growth strategy.
- Different forms of international marketing strategy.
- Key drivers for international market development.
- Criteria used to identify and select international markets.
- How environmental factors influence the choice of international marketing strategy decisions.
- Various international market entry methods.
To explore LBTC’s full range of Marketing courses, click the link below:
Full range of Marketing courses.
£2180 + VAT