Human Resource Planning
- Stages in traditional human resource planning
- Forecasting future demand for human resources
- Forecasting internal supply
- Forecasting external supply
Job Analysis and Job Design
- Managing vacancy scenarios
- Job analysis
- Competency frameworks
- Job design
- Internal and external recruitment
- Advertising in the printed media
- Online recruitment
- Social media
- Alternative recruitment methods
Selection: The Classic Trio
- Application forms
- Employment references
Advanced Methods of Employee Selection
- Ability testing
- Personality testing
- Assessment centres
The New Employee
- Contracts of employment
- Specific contractual terms
- The psychological contract
- What is succession planning?
- Traditional approaches
- Contemporary approaches
Measuring and Analysing Employee Turnover
- Defining voluntary turnover
- Does turnover matter?
- Measuring turnover
- Costing turnover
- Benchmarking turnover
Improving Employee Retention
- Reducing turnover
- Employee retention and reward
- Employee retention and developmental opportunities
- Employee retention and effective line management
Resourcing and Talent Management Strategies
- Taking a strategic approach
- Aligning HR practices with business strategy
- Competing in the labour market
- Talent management strategies
- HR managers and executives
- Those involved in the recruitment and selection function of their organisations.
- HR business partners and advisors
- HR professionals and practitioners
- Senior officers and assistants employed within the HR function of their organisation who wish to mobilise an effective workforce by assembling together teams of people with the necessary skills, attitudes and experience to meet their objectives.
- Those with the HR role of enabling their organisation to meet its future demand for skills.
- Those who wish to be equipped with the knowledge and skills required to undertake core resourcing and talent management activities to a high standard.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How to undertake and evaluate long- and short-term talent planning and succession planning exercises with a view to building long-term organisational performance.
- How to manage recruitment, selection and induction activities effectively, efficiently and professionally.
- How to gather, analyse and use information on employee turnover as the basis for developing robust staff retention strategies.
- The development and evaluation of resourcing and talent management strategies.
£5075 + VAT