This course is for anyone needing a basic understanding of business finance and insights into operational decision-making.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Importance of Financial Management
- The elements of financial management
- Key accounting terms and terminology
- How cash and profit differ
- The two main financial reporting statements: the income statement and the balance sheet
Measuring Financial Success
- Measuring management success
- Measuring risk and return
- The importance of cash flow and working capital
- Budgeting and budgetary control
Managing Financial Resources
- The importance of cost behaviour
- Cost management
- Opex and Capex
- Break-even analysis
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for staff who wish to improve their understanding of how accounting and finance can help in their decision-making and how this impacts on the organization’s financial position.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- The relevance of finance to operational decision-making.
- The relationship between operational and financial measures.
- Why a deeper understanding of cost and cost behaviour can help operational staff.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3435 + VAT