This course provides an understanding of currency markets and a comprehensive analysis of investment risks in general.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
- Introduction to currency markets
- Types of currency instruments
- Market forces
- Types of risk
- Risk and return
- Risk budgeting
- Risk management
Introduction to Derivatives
- Types of derivatives
- Use of derivatives in practice
- Exchange traded and OTC derivatives
- How derivatives have caused problems
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Staff working in the middle office and operations areas of financial institutions who need to understand the wide range of instruments in financial markets.
- New staff in regulatory organizations who need to broaden their knowledge of financial markets.
- Financial advisors who need a greater understanding of financial markets.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Appreciate the scope and operation of currency markets.
- Understand the nature and management of investment risk.
- Use derivatives in investment management.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3435 + VAT