Our Leadership and Structures of Corporate Governance training provides an insight into the fundamentals of this fascinating subject. Corporate Governance is about what Boards do and how they do it- how Boards are structured, what their priorities should be and what international codes set out as best practice. This course will provide a foundation for an understanding of Corporate Governance and provide a basis for subsequent training.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Corporate Governance Fundamentals
- Corporate Governance defined
- Corporate Governance theories
- Corporate Governance Codes
Role of the Board
- Corporate purpose and strategy
- Corporate risk
- Corporate culture and Ethics
- Balancing the interests of Shareholders and Stakeholders
- Engaging with stakeholders
Board Composition and Structures
- Board Structures: Unitary vs Dual Boards
- Board Composition
- Board Committees
- Creating Board Diversity
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Non-Executive Directors wanting to understand their role;
- Other Board members wishing to refresh their knowledge and skills;
- Chairs of organizations, Chief Executives, Company Secretaries, Other Heads of organizations;
- Professionals, practitioners, and managers in corporate investment, as well as Leaders in state owned enterprises, public, voluntary, and non-profit organizations;
- those needing to get to grips with good governance such as Inhouse counsel and Regulatory and Compliance professionals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- the fundamental principles of corporate governance, including:
- the role of the Board of Directors;
- how boards are structured and operate, including through Board Committees; and
- the benefits of board member diversity including gender, ethnic and ‘functional’ diversity.
- Contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT