By attending this training workshop, you will examine the legal duties that directors must carry out, and what determines whether a board is performing effectively. It will also look at examples of ineffective boards that have failed in their duties, and the consequences of such failures.
- Directors Legal Duties
- What skills do Board directors need?
- What makes an effective board?
- Evaluating Board Performance
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Non-Executive Directors wanting to understand their role;
- Other Board members wishing to refresh their knowledge and skills;
- Chairs of organizations, Chief Executives, Company Secretaries, Other Heads of organizations;
- Professionals, practitioners, and managers in corporate investment, as well as Leaders in state owned enterprises, public, voluntary, and non-profit organizations;
- those needing to get to grips with good governance such as Inhouse counsel and Regulatory and Compliance professionals.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the legal obligations must carry out.
- Identify what an effective board’s characteristics are, including key skills of board members.
- Determine the principles for judging performance by a company board.