By attending this training workshop, you will look at the need to and how to engage stakeholders in the construction of a sustainability plan for the organization. Many examples exist of corporate initiatives attempting to deliver community benefits , only to discover that the initiatives are irrelevant or unwanted. What seemed like a good idea inside the CSR department can fall short of what is actually needed, leading to frustration, waste of resources or even rejection. Companies that understand this are able to construct an assessment of the prioritized issues that are ‘material’ to stakeholders and then build their sustainability plans based upon that assessment. This training workshop unpicks these activities.
- The Materiality assessment – what are the key issues?
- How do we impact our stakeholders?
- Stakeholder engagement
- Developing and implementing a sustainability plan
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- Considered how a company’s activities can impact the communities they work with.
- Learned about how to assess ‘materiality’.
- Discussed a process around engaging stakeholders.
- Considered how materiality is an input to a sustainability plan.
Duration: 1 week
Duration: 3 days
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 90 min