Non-financial reporting is a way for an organization to communicate the relationship between its business and sustainability, and in doing so add value to the company, and drive changes and improvements in business practices. The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)’s Sustainability Reporting standards are accepted and adopted widely by organizations that put sustainability at the centre of their corporate strategies. The GRI reporting standards help organizations of all types and sizes measure their sustainability performance and disclose the results. Other international frameworks approach reporting from different perspectives. This training workshop will scan the horizon of sustainability reporting and assess the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Purpose of Sustainability reporting
- Global Reporting Initiative Sustainability Reporting standards
- Other International Reporting frameworks: ISO26000 Guidance, OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- UN Global Compact and UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have:
- Developed an understanding of the benefits of sustainability reporting.
- Explored the alternative approaches to sustainability reporting.
- Considered examples from a selection of corporate sustainability reports.
- Discussed which areas of sustainability reporting are most relevant to your own organization.
- Developed a skeleton plan to create or enhance your organization’s approach to reporting on sustainability.
£685 + VAT