Electricity powers the world, bringing with it economic development and prosperity. But most of that power is produced from fossil fuels – in 2019 in the United States 63% came from fossil fuels like coal and natural gas. Less than 20% came from renewable energy sources such as solar, hydro or wind. At the same time, we know that climate change is directly linked to global warming brought about by excessive emissions of carbon into the atmosphere. In this interactive 90-minute online training session, we will consider the impact of carbon on the planet and how many countries are working towards “carbon neutrality”, balancing carbon emissions with carbon off-setting or carbon removal.
- The costs of carbon on climate change and how are these being mitigated?
- The Paris Climate Agreement
- What does “Net Zero” mean for emissions?
- What initiatives are taking place to accelerate the decarbonization of the economy?
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will be of real value to:
- Community Relations managers and executives
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and officers
- Risk managers and professionals
- Legal and compliance managers and professionals
- Managers and staff who wish to develop business practices to help their organizations act in a responsible way.
- Managers and staff concerned with influencing or implementing corporate strategies that consider environmental, social and governance issues.
- Managers and staff responsible for CSR projects.
- Managers and staff who plan and implement corporate policies in relation to community relations, environmental protection, health and safety, procurement and the supply chain.
- Any member of the organization who is tasked with developing sustainability or corporate responsibility initiatives or strategies.
- Executives tasked with delivering business results while at the same time protecting and enhancing their company’s reputation for responsible behaviour.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will have learned about:
- The risks from climate change.
- How carbon dioxide contributes to these risks.
- The main sources of carbon emissions.
- Collaborative efforts to reduce carbon emissions and move towards a carbon-neutral economy.
- What actions companies and individuals can take to accelerate the process of de-carbonization.
Duration: 1 week
Duration: 3 days
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 1 day
Duration: 90 min