By attending this course, you will be understand:
- The key financial institutions and their functions.
- How Fixed Income Markets operate.
- How Equity Markets operate.
- The fundamentals of investing in derivatives.
This course explains the operation of the biggest type of financial market in the world. It demonstrates why risk is an important component in assessing an investment.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Financial Markets – The Players
- Types of banks
- Hedge funds
- Other financial institutions
Fixed Income Markets
- Debt Capital Markets
- Money Markets
- The valuation of a bond
- Credit Risk and Ratings
- Primary Market
- Secondary Market
- Market Indices
- Equity Valuation
Financial Markets – How to Value Equity
- The purposes for valuation
- Equity value and enterprise value
- Valuation Methods
- Introduction to currency markets
- Types of currency instruments
- Market forces
- Types of risk
- Risk and return
- Risk budgeting
- Risk management
Introduction to Derivatives
- Types of derivatives
- Use of derivatives in practice
- Exchange traded and OTC derivatives
- How derivatives have caused problems
Financial Markets – Investor Behaviour
- Behavioural efficient markets
- Investment decision-making
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This Financial Markets course is suitable for:
- New staff in financial institutions or transferring to a career in financial markets.
- Individual investors seeking a deeper understanding of financial markets.
- Staff working in the middle office and operations areas of financial institutions who need to understand the wide range of instruments in financial markets.
- New staff in regulatory organizations who need to broaden their knowledge of financial markets.
- Financial advisors who need a greater understanding of financial markets.
Upon completion of this Financial Markets course, you will:
- Identify the major players in the financial markets and their roles.
- Understand how financial markets set a price for financial assets.
- Understand the benefits of investing in the various markets.
- Appreciate the scope and operation of currency markets.
- Understand the nature and management of investment risk.
- Use derivatives in investment management.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.