This course is designed to provide delegates with an in depth understanding of the critical elements within successful Facilities Management (FM) From understanding the requirement to ensure the FM strategy is aligned with overall organizational strategy, through to defining and managing a range of FM portfolios and asset types, and concluding with ensuring quality and legal compliance within the FM function to support overall organizational compliance and governance.
This course provides delegates with the key elements to deliver Facilities Management Excellence, from Developing and executing the Facilities Management strategy, through to the effective management of main Contractors and Sub Contractors, plus the associated snagging control and retention process, plus crucially the human aspect of Facilities Management to ensure a productive and motivated Facilities team.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Role and Contribution of Facilities Management to the Organization
- Developing Effective Facilities Management Strategies
- Aligning Facilities Management Strategy to Organizational Competitive Strategy
Facilities Management Portfolios
- Defining the Facilities Management Portfolio
- Establishing Effective Customer Service Levels
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators
Facilities Management – Compliance and Governance
- Ensuring Quality compliance
- Ensuring Legal Compliance
- Monitoring, Managing and Reporting Facilities Management Performance
Facilities Management – Use of Industry 4.0 Technologies
- Remote Monitoring systems
- Utilizing and mining “Big Data” to improve FM performance
- Use of Predictive Analytics
Facilities Management Process – Contractor Management
- Developing and enhancing the “Snagging” Process
- Managing of Contractors and sub-contractors
- Maintenance Management
Facilities Risk Management
- Understanding and Managing Lifecycle risk
- Managing key Facilities Contracts
- Managing retention Contractors and Sub-Contractors
Facilities Management Strategy
- Facilities Management Strategy and Execution
- Effective People Management
- Establishing Critical Success Factors
Facilities Management – Effective Space Planning
- Assessing current and future space requirements
- Developing the Space Planning Strategy
- Communicating the plan to the workforce
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Facilities Managers
- Estate Managers
- Internal Audit / Governance / Compliance officers.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the role and contribution of the FM Function.
- Be able to define and manage key Facilities Management Portfolios and Asset types.
- Ensure compliance both in terms of Quality and adherence to legal standards.
- Create, develop and implement Facilities Management Strategy.
- Effectively manage Main and Sub-Contractors – including snagging and retentions management, both operationally and contractually.
- Effective people management and dynamics.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.