This Logistics course provides delegates with an in depth understanding of global logistics management, from the impacts upon supply chain efficiency, through to the use of hub strategies, and fleet management whether in house or via a 3PL or 4PL outsource arrangement.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Role and Contribution of Logistics within the organization
- Effective Management of Inbound Logistics
- Effective Management of Outbound Logistics
Managing Logistics Assets
- Key data flows within Logistics Management
- Use of Hub Strategies
- Reducing Logistics Cost Base techniques
Global Logistics Management
- Managing Multi-Modal Logistics
- Effective use of Incoterms 2020
- Use of Reverse Logistics and Backhaul
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This Logistics course is suitable for:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Logistics & Distribution Managers
- Freight Expediters
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- Effectively manage global multi-modal logistics.
- Appreciate and utilize hub strategies to improve customer lead time and satisfaction whilst reducing the cost to serve.
- Utilize effective fleet management techniques.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT