This course leads delegates through the key elements of excellence within Operations Strategy; understanding and aligning Operations Strategy with the wider external operating environment, Effective communication and engagement with stakeholders and the effective management of time horizons within strategy creation and roll out.
You will also develop your core knowledge and skills in quality management. The course will help you understand the tools and techniques for an effective quality management programme.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Managing the Operational Environment
- Understanding the organizational Operating Environment
- Operations Strategy Creation Toolkit
- Setting effective Operations Strategy KPI’s
Operations Strategy – Managing Time Horizons
- Determining the optimal Strategy timescale
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Developing the Business Contingency Structure
Operations Strategy – Communication and Handover
- Creating the Business Case for Senior Executives
- Effective communication and engagement with stakeholders
- Effective handover to Operations Management teams
Operations Strategy – Use of Industry 4.0 Technologies
- Human Cyber Systems
- The Industrial Internet of things (IIOT)
- Predictive Analytics
- Management and quality
- The price of quality
- People, processes and systems
- The Total Quality Management philosophy
Quality Management Leadership
- Leadership The of foundation of TQM
- Quality Leadership roles and responsibilities
- Quality Management vs quality Leadership
- Operational Leadership vs strategic Leadership
The Six-level Model of TQM Adoption
- Level 1 – Uncommitted
- Level 2 – Drifters
- Level 3 – Tool-pushers
- Level 4 – Improvers
- Level 5 – Award-winners
- Level 6 – World-class
Corporate Environmental Quality Management
- Environmental protection
- Environmental management systems
- Continuous improvement of environmental quality
- Environmental management assessment
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Heads of Operations
- Operations Directors and Managers
- Project Managers
- Heads of Maintenance
- Senior executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to develop a thorough knowledge of quality management.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the impacts of the external operating environment upon Operations strategy creation and implementation.
- Ensure effective engagement with internal stakeholders.
- Effectively handover Operations strategy to the Operations Management team.
- Develop a comprehensive appreciation of the role of quality in successful organizations.
- Understand the importance of leadership in achieving world-class quality standards.
- Evaluate the different levels of quality in your organization.
- Appreciate the skills need to manage environmental.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.