Starting out in procurement or refreshing your procurement skills after a break, means getting to grips with the “Essentials” of the topic. This course is ideal for that purpose. The course examines how corporate procurement takes place – usually on a competitive footing, but sometimes by placing direct orders with a supplier. The course will unpick the advantages and disadvantages of competitive procurement, and looks at who does what and when they do it. It will also walk through the key steps in the procurement process and examine examples of procurement documents, such as the Statement of Requirement (also known as the Scope of Work).
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Fundamentals of Procurement
- The role of the Procurement Function
- Material requirements planning
- Public procurement and private procurement compared
Global Procurement Processes
- Competitive and non-competitive purchasing
- Bids and Tenders documentation
- Managing an open and transparent process
- Avoiding mistakes that could cancel the procurement
- Writing the Statement of Requirement / Scope of Work
- Supplier Sourcing
- Working with approved suppliers
- Highlights of tender evaluation
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Procurement Officers, analysts and managers.
- Contract Engineers and analysts.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Commercial advisers
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and involvement in purchasing activities.
Upon completion of this course, you will have an excellent grasp of the essentials of procurement processes and the justification for adopting one approach versus another. This will include:
- selecting the best procurement strategy for your transaction, in the public or private sector.
- writing the Statement of Requirement / Scope of Work.
- learning how to attract potential suppliers, pre-qualify them for suitability and make a selection.
- Working with bids and tenders documentation.
- Considered “What good procurement looks like”.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- An Action Plan to be implemented at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT