This course addresses three important areas of responsibility for the contract manager. The first day focuses on contractual relationships – what contracts are, what risks do they address, what types of contract exist and how can you bring all that together to manage the contractor relationship. The second day looks at the “financials” of contracts, including understanding prices and costs, how contract commitments are supported by forms of security and the important topic of payment. The third day is about management of contracts in a dynamic world, where wants and needs change, where contracts need to be varied, and where good administration techniques keep contracts in good shape.
The course will also include a site visit to an organization relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Managing the Contractual Relationship
- Contract Law basics
- Contract Types
- Contract risks
Managing the Contract Financials
- Cost & Price analysis
- Bonds, Guarantees and warranties
- Managing payments
- Managing claims
Managing the Contract in a Dynamic World
- Managing contractual liabilities and indemnities
- Managing contract variations
- Contract documentation
- Contract administration
- Industrial visit to a relevant organization.
- An insight into the internal working of companies.
- An opportunity to learn through interaction with practising professionals.
- Summary and recap of key learning objectives
- Action Planning
This course is suitable for:
- Contract Engineers
- Contract Analysts
- Commercial advisers
- Inhouse legal advisers
- Company Secretaries
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and develop the ability to apply the terms and conditions of a contract.
Upon completion of this course, you will have an excellent grasp of the essentials of making contracts and working with contractors, including:
- How to create and manage the relationship with a contractor, with a legally enforceable agreement.
- Understanding prices and the costs that underpin prices, and the different pricing models that contractors use.
- Contract security, including bonds and guarantees.
- Managing contracts dynamically, including changing agreements and creating appropriate contract documentation.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- An Action Plan to be implemented at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
£3415 + VAT
Spaces limited to NINE (9) delegates per course. Book Now to avoid missing out!