Legal agreements – contracts – create relationships between parties. Each party makes binding promises to perform his obligations and receives rights from the other party- for example the obligation to do the work, benefits from a right to be paid for the work. By attending this training workshop, you will examine how these reciprocal promises make a legal agreement, and then consider different types of contract. We will also look at the risks inherent in contracts.
- Managing the relationship with the contractor
- Contract Law basics
- Contract Types
- Contract risks
This training workshop is suitable for:
- Contract Engineers
- Contract Analysts
- Commercial advisers
- Inhouse legal advisers
- Company Secretaries
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and develop the ability to apply the terms and conditions of a contract.
Upon completion of this training workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of contract making.
- Discuss the different types of contract, especially those used in construction, such as the lump sum, schedule of rates or cost reimbursement contract.
- Consider particular risks that arise from creating a contract relationship, especially where non-performance by the other party leads to losses.